Re: 6cm rf?

militaryoperator

Found one on ebay, £26 from China or £30 from Amazon.
I blew up two of those, so treat them *very* gently. They usually have  a pair of the same 5mm square devices that everything uses.  In the end, I fixed a slab of aluminium over the top of the chips to press them down to a bigger heatsink and help remove more heat from the package. I also scrapped the noisy switchmode regulator and used a two-stage linear regulator
Neil G4DBN

OK Neil. I see the Kuhne unit uses the SE5005 in the o/p, (£1.06 at digikey!) but limits it to 250mw o/p.

Ben