Re: SMD, ah!.

Andy G4JNT

When I replaced my stock of 100nF 0805 caps, I ordered 1000.   It had taken about 10 years to get through the last lot, of which I think I'd ordered 500 back then.   But they get used up faster now.

This lot might just last me out :-(

On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 12:28, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Well, SMD might make the pcb's smaller but not on the paperwork packing side.

Just ordered a few bits from Digikey, box arrived, each component in a plastic sealed bag, big bag, and must have misread, thought I'd ordered 10 100pf caps, seems they are in x5 units, so now have 50 of them! on a large reel of audio reel to reel days.

Plus two large printouts of the parts with rows of facts and figures, bar codes, place of manufacture etc etc.

Just need to wait for boards for W1GHZ for preamp and pa amp then I can start the gluing, hi.

Ben.