From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Neil Smith G4DBN via groups.io
Sent: 19 May 2021 20:07
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Norton Amplifiers

I seem to recall seeing the layout of a Minicircuits amp that used hybrids and paired amplifier chains.  One of the benefits siuggested was that if one leg of the amp died, the other would carry one at only 6dB down, as well as being very linear and robust with a high output IP3.  I thought it was the ZRL-700+ but can't find the notes about the internal circuit of that one, so I might be wrong. NF is 2dB at 70cm and the gain is very high, so not much benefit unless it is close to the masthead. It wasn't the TAMP-72LN+ drop-in module either. Perhaps I was dreaming.