Re: 6cm tests

Chris G0WUS

try ERA-1 maybe

Chris

On 08/05/2021 12:42, militaryoperator via groups.io wrote:
oh yes Simon, but as many will say, its the fun of it !!!!!

I thought I';d better see if those SPF boards do work somewhere, on 2mtrs its 23db gain so I guess I'll not be throwing them away yet. Guess 6Ghz was asking a lot!

Tried some Avantek modules, marked 2.7 to 3.3Ghz 12v and they are good, 23db at 2.4 with 200mw o/p at 0dbm in. I must try and find a use for them.

Ben. G4BXD

Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] 6cm tests

I had a similar experience yesterday on 13cm, LO ADF4351, mixer ADL5350, LNA SPF5189, bi-quad antenna, Sky 60cm dish. I could barely make out GB3FNM at 25km.

As this is my first attempt at microwave frequencies I don't really know what to expect. The path to FNM was nearly line of sight but not quite.

Still it's a start.

Simon
G0FCU.

On Sat, 8 May 2021, 10:19 militaryoperator via groups.io, <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Well, that was a waste of several hours of my life.

Tried using one of the SPF5189  devices into first a ADL5350 mixer and then a Anaren dbl bal mixer 2.5 to 10Ghz, using the ADF osc as the lo. I can see 5.760 from the sig gen on the SDRConsole with RSP2 but could not see OHM in B'ham but I was only using an LPA on its own.

I see ebay has some similar boards marked as upto 6ghz but does not state device, probably the same as above with a different printed cover! At £6.68 guess a punt will not kill me.

Whilst all the stuff was out re-tried these supposed 1W amps for 2.4, RF2126 devices, what a croc. Best was 150mw o/p at 2.4 which rose to 300mw at 2.3, obviously, the matching etc is not right I guess. Pity, its a nice pcb but I guess I win a nice heatsink though.

So, back to the drawing board.

Ben.