Re: ebay changes

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 at 21:40, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not operational I know but we all buy/sell from it.
Anyone else concerned about ebays requirement that you let them have your bank details for direct payment rather than use Paypal. Strikes me that if they get hacked its just another way into one's private data for the thieves.
Maybe opening a separate bank account is the answer?
Ben
No I stick my company bank details on the web, so people can pay into the account.

However, the fact that one has to deliver the product before getting paid annoys me. Some products I sell use expensive parts and I will only buy the parts if someone pays me the money. Previously I got the money in my PayPal account immediately, which I could then buy parts with. But if I sign up to eBay's "Delayed payments" (they call it managed payments), then I will not get the money. I have not signed up, so can't list anything else. They keep threatening to remove my listings since I have not signed up for delayed payments, but so far they have not done so.

Most people realise from my auctions my company name, Google it, then find the item cheaper on my website, so I most sales don't come by eBay now.

I guess eventually; I will have to sign up for delayed payments, but I will leave it as long as I can.

Dave