From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Algenon M0JIO
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 3:08 PM
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] ic9700?

Hi

You’ve got me worried now. I was hoping to get into 23cm as a newcomer by using my existing IC-7100 and a bought transverter from SG Labs to get me on the air. I have been studying the effects of ALC overrun to ensure I keep any spurious emissions to a minimum and I have also done the path loss calcs because I want to learn and do this hobby properly.

73

Alan.

M0JIO

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021, at 18:51, Paul G8AQA via groups.io wrote:

Oh! Just like BT with ADSL.

We should be setting an example about pollution. How can we complain to others when we are guilty of the same offence?

People around Japan are complaining about drinking quality water being released into the Pacific.  Idiots are complaining about 5G.  People don't get spectrum pollution.

Paul G8AQA

On 13/04/2021 18:24, ian hope (2E0IJH) wrote:

Yep how dare you critise or point blank refuse to accept they have a problem, even when they wiping out half the amateurs in the area, which is what happened locally when someone used one on a local high point.

Ian

M5IJH

Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 6:20 PM

From: "Reg Woolley via groups.io" <g8vhi@...>

I pointed them to look at last years convention talks. I think half the problem is they don't understand and don't want to be educated.  If you try and educate them how dare you!

Reg g8vhi

Sent from my Galaxy