Re: ic9700?

Colin Ranson

To Alan, M0JIO.

Hi Alan,

At the moment I drive an SG-Lab 23cm transverter with 3w from an IC-706MK2g (the least I can get the power down to using the internal twiddle pot, I don’t use the menu power setting) and I don’t suffer any overshoot that I can measure. Even with G3XDY QRO not too far away I don’t suffer any ‘crunches’ on receive.    I also use it on 432MHz  with a 13cm SG-Lab transverter.

I am soon going to dedicate a ‘Mutek’ed’ IC-271e as the prime mover for 23cm so we’ll see how it goes with that.

Good luck on 23cm

Best regards

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 14 April 2021 08:08
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] ic9700?

Hi 

You’ve got me worried now. I was hoping to get into 23cm as a newcomer by using my existing IC-7100 and a bought transverter from SG Labs to get me on the air. I have been studying the effects of ALC overrun to ensure I keep any spurious emissions to a minimum and I have also done the path loss calcs because I want to learn and do this hobby properly. 

Alan. 

M0JIO

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021, at 18:51, Paul G8AQA via groups.io wrote:

Oh! Just like BT with ADSL.

We should be setting an example about pollution. How can we complain to others when we are guilty of the same offence?

People around Japan are complaining about drinking quality water being released into the Pacific.  Idiots are complaining about 5G.  People don't get spectrum pollution.

Paul G8AQA

On 13/04/2021 18:24, ian hope (2E0IJH) wrote:

Yep how dare you critise or point blank refuse to accept they have a problem, even when they wiping out half the amateurs in the area, which is what happened locally when someone used one on a local high point.

Ian

M5IJH

Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 6:20 PM

Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] ic9700?

I pointed them to look at last years convention talks. I think half the problem is they don't understand and don't want to be educated.  If you try and educate them how dare you!

Reg g8vhi 

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------

Date: 13/04/2021 18:09 (GMT+00:00)

Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] ic9700?

Unfortunately the days of when operators understood or cared 2 hoots about phase noise , over driving linear s etc etc are long gone ....if some one has got a 9700 , IC910, FT991 etc etc they are not going to stop using it or sell it and buy a transverter and decent HF radio ....whatever that might be ...lol just cos Reg or anyone else says there signal is crap 

--

Steve G4HTZ 

JO01JN60
Great Wakering, Essex 
24ghz 1.8w 80cm dish 

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Regards,

Alan. 

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.