Where is the focal point of an LNB?

Chris Wilson

01/04/2021 12:18

I want to re-purpose an elderly pressed aluminium 1.8 metre dish last used for terrestrial satellite reception at my old house. I will initially use it for SSB RX / TX to es hail, although it's a bit overkill! My question is, on the attached link to photos of the old LNB, is the focal point the centre point on the innermost annular ring of the feed "horn" or is the the actual antenna deep within the gubbins? I need to fabricate a mount for a 10GHz LNB and a POTY TX antenna, and am not sure where to measure to. Thanks 2E0ILY

Pics are at http://www.chriswilson.tv/satellite/satellite.zip

--
Best Regards,
Chris Wilson.