Re: TCXO Donation

Paul G8AQA

Hi Mike,

I would like a couple of the TCXOs.  I will send you an order form.

I have a quantity of Mini Circuits VAEQ-2159 voltage variable equalisers.

50 ohm 950 to 2150 MHz with the variable slope.
I can't think of a use for them at the moment. I will donate 60 of them in due course but if anyone wants any now please get in touch direct.

73
Paul G8AQA.

On 31/03/2021 11:36, Michael Scott via groups.io wrote:
Hi All

The Chipbank has just received a donation of 25 Meiden 14.4MHz TCXOs from Paul G8AFC, for which many thanks!

About 10 years ago these were available on e-bay from Pyrojoseph in the USA. For the benefit of those who have joined the UKuG since then, these oscillators were reviewed in Scatterpoint, February/March 2011 by Bernie Wright, G4HJW, and formed the frequency source for the transmit version of the "Bernie Box", a low power 10GHz transmitter/signal source  ( http://www.earf.co.uk/txkit.html ). Although kits/PCBs are no longer available, these TCXOs can form the basis of a signal source for many of our bands from 144MHz up, and with a little modification, the tuning range can be increased considerably.

I will add them to the Chipbank catalogue at the next update, but in the meantime, please send an order form in the usual way.

73,

Mike, G3LYP.

http://www.earf.co.uk/txkit.html