Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Cleaning relay contacts

On a slightly related subject has anyone found a long lasting way to clean "contactless" key pads on things like TV remote controls which seem to rely on a resistive / capacitive button  to come into contact with a printed "electrode" on the pcb. Despite these being gold plated they seem to need frequent cleaning with IPA to ensure correct operation. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to open mine up to clean said contacts only to have them fail again a few weeks later.