Re: Cleaning relay contacts

Andy G4JNT

I see an intelligent relay rejuvenation project in this.   Swap over the contacts repeatedly, with a constant current driven though each.   Monitor the voltage drop after each change to a make position and report the findings.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 at 19:42, Alan Melia via groups.io <Alan.Melia=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Mark beat me to it :-((  I was getting a number of Pye/Philips M290 relays going HR on receive contacts in the 1990s. This was not a coax relay but switching a few milliamps several times returned the receive sensitivity without needing to replace the relay (an RS stock item).   I believe it was a BT method in the days of Strowger.

Alan
G3NYK