Re: Cleaning relay contacts

John Fell

Clamp gently in a vice onto the lid and whack the base with a small lump of wood - should break the epoxy seal and allow cover to come off .
Contacts can be seen and if appropriate cleaned with a contact strip - do not file !
Test results on a SAnn.
DC Wetting is useful , mainly on the RX contacts that are often NC for long periods and develop surface resistance .

73
JOhn
G0API

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 at 16:56, Mike GD6ICR <gd6icr@...> wrote:
Been going through my sma relays and testing them on my primitive spectrum analyser has shown that I have quite a few lossy relay on TX as high as 4dB and quite a few showing around 1dB on RX side. I wonder if anyone can suggest a suitable contact cleaning method - one suggestion Ive had is connect 12v thru 500ohm resistors to NO and NC and leave them switching for about 5 minutes

Some of the relays of coarse can be dismantled and cleaned but most cannot - any comments please
--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW