Re: GRP tube

Gordon REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

www.hongbangcomposites.com/

Bbbbbbbest I can find on a quick search .............

I have messaged a pipe company in the west midlands  too .....................

On 24 March 2021 at 23:30 "Gordon REASON via groups.io" <gordonj.reason@...> wrote:

Ok Colin ,

Well if you have some .......... there must be more out there , somewhere .............

Perhaps an email to a scaffold pipe manufacturer might get a result ..............

Never give up .

On 24 March 2021 at 23:23 Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

Hi Gordon,

Neither of those you mentioned would be strong enough.   Just as an aside they now make Glass Fibre scaffold tube.... its as strong as the steel one apparently.

I only need a four foot length but if it was cheap enough I’d get a 6m length and sell the rest on e-bay.... I fear it’s well pricey though.

I have a two foot length here that was left over from making the GB3IH collinears 30 years ago, it was like hens teeth then.

Regards and thanks for reply

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 24 March 2021 23:11
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] GRP tube

For interest's sake , t5here are two types of common hite water pipe , one is just pvc and very flexible ,

the other uses ceramic beads , and pvc? ........ but has a stiffer form .

If you could find the manufactures , they may make something to suit your application ?

On 24 March 2021 at 22:49 Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Before I waste my time, and theirs, by phoning Engineered Composites (Radcom ad) for a price – does anyone know the rough price of 38mm GRP tube, 3mm wall thickness – comes in 6m lengths – and the carriage.  Don’t seem to find this info on their site.   I think it will be wholly expensive.

Regards, and thanks

Colin de G8LBS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.