Re: Original NanoVNA a waste of money

geoffrey pike

Well there you go, i do the opposite and haven't switched my SAQ in over a year (i suppose when i do there will be aggro getting it going again)
But the SAA-2 really is way ahead in frequency perhaps not the best of software support however
I think the SAQ needs to extend a bit in frequency to make it attractive to new users
Just my 3ds worth
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Friday, 19 March 2021, 17:29:50 GMT, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

I bought one of the original NanoVNAs not long afte rthay came out, and initially it worked OK.  Put it away and hadn't used in for perhaps nearly a year.
When I came to use it today, obvs. the battery needed charging, but the touchscreen ignores most of my presses, and those it does interpret it gets wrong then goes into a huff
The manual slider doesn't respond

Don't think I'll ever get one again, no matter how much better the new ones are.

Not sure whether to put a hammer through it or dismantle to see what's inside.
A hammer would be more satisfying.

Meanwhile, the job I wanted it for, the DG8SAQ did the job perfectly, with a much nicer display.  Just meant taking the laptop and the 'SAQ outside - so wasn't so convenient.