Re: New MGM Modes on Beacons

alwyn.seeds1

Dear John and Andy,

Getting DDS spurs low enough for beacon use must be quite a challenge. At work, all of our DDS based signal generators, including the pricey ones, have quite a few spurs at the -80 dBc level- the nuisance is that they do not have easily predictable frequencies. We moan to the manufacturers but I have not seen much improvement over the last decade.

John, what sort of phase noise numbers do you get from the GB3MHZ beacon?

Regards,

Alwyn G8DOH

Alwyn Seeds, Director
SynOptika Ltd.,