Re: Last call for group buy of F6BVA QO-100 system PCBs etc

Colin Ranson

All,

Just a quick throw into the air.  I currently run a lashed up  up-converter from 432MHz to 2400MHz using a SKY-60LH mixer and an ADF4351A LO at 1968MHz – it drifts as it has a crap 25MHz reference crystal.  Some amplification up to 500mW to drive a 20w SG-Lab amp. It needs a lot of improvement. (stable reference <the RX LNB one> and sharp LO filter) Prime mover is an IC-706MK2g – I did use an SG-Lab transverter but a hell of a waste and a pain.

RX is down converter from LNB IF 739MHz  to 144MHz (FT480) – steady as Gibraltar. I have been having thoughts about changing the LO in this to 307MHz to give /RX IF of 432MHz to give full simplex on a non satelite equipped radio – ie the 706.

Anyone done anything similar ?

Regards to all,   Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10