Re: oh er

Neil Smith G4DBN

Ah, thanks Mike, I see the W-band mixer diodes are $200 each with min order $2k per part type. Multipliers look nice, but I guess unfeasibly expensive for amateurs. 6-8 % efficiency at 20-50 mW in for the doublers and a little less efficiency for the triplers, but up to 100 mW input.  I guess we will have to continue dreaming about such things unless the lads have tapped into a secret lode of multiplier goodness.

https://www.vadiodes.com/en/frequency-multipliers/?id=166

https://www.vadiodes.com/en/products/w-and-g-band

Neil G4DBN

On 13/03/2021 21:47, Mike Lavelle K6ML wrote:
Virgina Diodes GaAs varactor multipliers