Re: Tentative group purchase of PCBs for F6BVA QO-100 3/13cm system

John Fell

QO100 makes a good back haul for terrestrial uWave activity from shack to shack .....up a bit left a bit and persons may ask wot's occurring ?

73
John
G0API

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 15:05, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
Absolutely (except I don't have any old 13cm transverters kicking
around, just a shiny new one that's connected up to my terrestrial kit
and isn't exactly portable). Somehow though, it's all the mucking about
that makes it fun.  Mucking about with electronics and radio for the
sheer unnecessary heck of it.

I'll probably make at LEAST three contacts with the thing once I've
built it all, then get bored with it and do something else. I did make
*four* contacts with my original QO100 setup, but once you've said hello
to a few folks, that's about it. It's just a repeater-in-the-sky, isn't
it? Apart from doing ultra-weak-signal digimode tests and looking at
doppler and wobble like Andy did and then there's telly and fast data
and....

Anyway, if anyone feels daft enough to join a group buy for the
up/downconverter and PA, just drop me an email.

Neil G4DBN