Re: Tentative group purchase of PCBs for F6BVA QO-100 3/13cm system

Neil Smith G4DBN

Absolutely (except I don't have any old 13cm transverters kicking around, just a shiny new one that's connected up to my terrestrial kit and isn't exactly portable). Somehow though, it's all the mucking about that makes it fun.  Mucking about with electronics and radio for the sheer unnecessary heck of it.

I'll probably make at LEAST three contacts with the thing once I've built it all, then get bored with it and do something else. I did make *four* contacts with my original QO100 setup, but once you've said hello to a few folks, that's about it. It's just a repeater-in-the-sky, isn't it? Apart from doing ultra-weak-signal digimode tests and looking at doppler and wobble like Andy did and then there's telly and fast data and....

Anyway, if anyone feels daft enough to join a group buy for the up/downconverter and PA, just drop me an email.

Neil G4DBN

On 12/03/2021 14:01, Mike Willis wrote:
It's a nice project but it seems an awful lot of effort compared to changing the crystal in an LNB and using a retuned 13cm transverter/ or that aging SSB Electronics 13cm upconverter lurking at the back of the cupboard.