Re: Tentative group purchase of PCBs for F6BVA QO-100 3/13cm system

Conrad, PA5Y

Neil, I have a set of boards but would be interested in a set of components and cases. Maybe I will then get around to building the thing!

Conrad

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Neil Smith G4DBN via groups.io <neil@...>
Sent: 12 March 2021 13:08
To: BVA-transverters-uk@groups.io <BVA-transverters-uk@groups.io>; RSGB-Workshop@groups.io <RSGB-Workshop@groups.io>; UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Tentative group purchase of PCBs for F6BVA QO-100 3/13cm system

Our good friends in France are looking into the possibility of a group
purchase of PCBs for Michel's QO-100 system, which is a receive
converter for 3cm and transmit converter to 13cm from 2m/70cm/23cm,
avoiding the need for an SDR and LNB on receive if you prefer to use a
normal VHF radio on QO100.

I'm going to order a couple of boards for myself. Is anyone else
interested?  I would be happy to facilitate the group purchase of
boards, cases and components as for the 3cm-UHF transverters.

Have a read of the project description.  Note that it needs a local osc
(an SV1AFN 4351/controller is fine for this) and is designed to power a
PA using an MW7ic2725, for which a PCB will be produced as part of the
group purchase.  I already have some MW7ic2725s for myself.  They are
available on ebay and other dodgy sites. Richardson RFPD have some in
stock at $53 but then there is VAT and carriage and other malarkey.

Here is the description:

https://f6bva.pagesperso-orange.fr/Technique/Satellite/Station%20V3%20QO100%20complete.pdf

Google Translate is your friend if you don't read French. Just remember
that FI = IF, CI = PCB, OL = LO. If you need anything else decoding,
please send me an email to neil@...

Please reply to me privately to neil@... with email title QO100 so
I can gauge the likely demand.  Price is likely to be around £40 for the
PCBs. I haven't costed component sets, but there isn't anything unusual
in there. If there is any interest, I'll work out a more accurate cost
and ask for firm commitments to place an order for the PCBs via
Pierre-François.

Everything depends on there being sufficient demand for a PCB order,
this is *very* tentative at present.