Re: 10GHz Feedhorn 60cm offset dish, looking for

Neil Smith G4DBN

Motivations were:

1) I have a load of Rexolite 1422 that I need to use up

2) Inherently waterproof and spider-resistant.

3) Small enough to fit alongside a similar model on 5.7 GHz with 2 degrees of dish nod to swap bands

It isn't going to be any better than a well-designed W2IMU or Pickett-Potter or corrugated-choke horn in terms of sidelobe suppression, but it is reasonably easy to control sidelobes and set a decent edge taper.

I'll make half a dozen and see how they look on a rotary mount, and then see what sort of sun noise I get when compared with a known horn.

Neil

On 09/03/2021 20:53, Colin Ranson wrote:

Looks nice Neil – yo a star !  as my brummy missus would say.  I don’t think I can get away with anything bigger than a Zone 2 elliptical – my house is stating to look like the Mothership in Battlestar Galactica !

73’s    Colin.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10