From: Neil Smith G4DBN
Sent: 09 March 2021 19:18
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] 10GHz Feedhorn 60cm offset dish, looking for

I'm making some lensed dielspike horns with a collar to fit a 40mm feedhorn clamp on an offset dish, they have an aluminium body with an SMA connector and a truncated conical Rexolite 1422 lens similar to the ones designed by HB9PZK for QO-100.  The cone angle is calculated to give a 12dB edge taper on a typical 80cm offset dish

They are sealed units and designed to be left out in the rain. I haven't tried doing them with an N connector mainly on cost grounds, but it should be feasible to use an N connector with a reduced SMA base in exactly the same unit, so long as it has a 4.06 mm PTFE sleeve.  You could probably modify any SMA-equipped transition to use one of these N types (perhaps from someone cheaper than H&S!)

This horn is aimed at folks who are building the F6BVA transverter and don't want to use waveguide.  I haven't announced it yet as I'm still optimising the tapers and pin position. Target price is under £30.

Neil G4DBN

Something like this:

with the lenses being similar to those HB9PZKs I made last year

or perhaps just with a long rear taper like these I made:

On 09/03/2021 15:28, Mike Willis wrote:

You can make one fairly easily out of plumbing fittings, but if you are one of those who has to buy and nobody has a spare the usual suspects can provide. RFHAM, Procom. Passion Radio...