Re: GB3MCB

SAM JEWELL

My preference is towards the W/SW, based in location and windows in the room.

73 de Sam

Sent tomorrow from my time machine

On 8 Mar 2021, at 15:49, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:

Good to hear that Sam.
If it points out of a window looking SSW , I may be able to hear it again.

73
John
G0API

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 14:26, SAM JEWELL via groups.io <jewell=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
The subject of the GB3MHZ 3cm beacon came up during today’s Martlesham Radio Society AGM (on Zoom, where else?!).
The beacon power level is well down on normal, hence reception can be difficult. Site access is a continuing problem. However, as soon as room access can be arranged a temporary 3cm beacon, running a bit more power, will be installed in one of the tower windows. This will restrict take off direction, but is better than no beacon. Once outside access to the antenna gallery can be arranged, something more permanent can be installed.

73 de Sam, G4DDK