Re: GB3OSW

John Fell

Thanks for  the reply Peter - will keep watch for GB3OSW .
Hope you are fully restored now
Best 73
John
G0API

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 at 15:52, Peter G3SMT via groups.io <peter.torry=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi John,

Unfortunately the beacon issues coincided with me having an accident so I had to repair myself before tackling the beacon.

There were a number of minor issues with loss of gain from MMIC amplifiers reducing the drive levels but new chips restored the correct levels. What took some time was an intermittent issue traced to a 3 dB attenuator that would be OK one minute and then have a 30 dB loss the next so a new unit solved the issue.

73

Peter  G3SMT

On 05/03/2021 14:12, John Fell wrote:
Hi Peter,
Thanks for doing the work - what was involved ?
Still looking for the first decode down here over the mountains ....
73
John
G0API

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 at 12:52, Peter G3SMT via groups.io <peter.torry=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

Martyn,

Thanks for the report. I was going to leave it a few days to ensure all was well before announcing its return and apologising for the length of time it was off the air but I will update beaconspot today.

73

Peter   G3SMT

On 05/03/2021 12:33, Martyn G3UKV wrote:
Welcome back beacon GB3OSW (IO82KV80) on 3cm - 10368.780 MHz.
Not many spotters so far on beaconspot.uk - so have a listen if possible.
Thanks Peter (G3SMT - beacon NoV).
73 Martyn G3UKV

Peter G3SMT

--