Re: Wave guide dummy load.

KENT BRITAIN

I have made and even published how to make loads using that IC Carbon foam.

Some of the foam is 'Static Dissipative' and does not work well as a microwave absorber.

Get out your Ohm Meter and poke the foam with the probes about 5-10 mm apart.   If you read a few hundred Ohms it will work well.  If it reads thousands of Ohms, it will not.   Then form the foam into a wedge shape and put it in the waveguide.   Kent WA5VJB/G8EMY

On Thursday, March 4, 2021, 04:48:44 AM CST, Wilko <wkb@...> wrote:

And the old style anti-static carbon-filled foam for IC's, would that work? Something that has crossed my mind but forgot to ask for a while now

Wilko
PA1WBU