From: Dave G8KHU <david@fielding-electronics.co.uk>
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] microwave absorbent adhesive polymer?
Sent: Mar 04 '21 08:18

Neil
Before you order check with Mouser that their material has the
pressure sensitive adhesisve tape option - the Mouser description just
says mounting is "adhesive". Does that mean it's got the adhesive film
or that you need adhesive to glue it in place? The Digikey version
does at least says that the adhesive is non-conductive single sided so
I'm assuming that this is the factory fitted adhesive sheet . The base
number just referes to the material and the laird site lists the psa
as an option -
https://www.laird.com/products/microwave-absorbers/microwave-absorbing-elastomers-and-films/eccosorb-
mcs/21109145
The non-adhesive stuff is a pig for amateur use as nothing seems to
stick it reliably, carpet tape falls off and superglue / rtv fail
rapidly. The proper adhesive is a two part mix that's fiendishly
expensive, comes in a one litre can which has very limited shelf life
and has enough skull and crossbones warning symbols to sink a pirate
ship. I had to use it once and swore never, ever, again.
HTH Dave G8KHU