Low Noise Power Supplies

Chris Bartram G4DGU

Many thanks for the comments on the power supplies, folks.

I should say that I do have suitable linear supplies, these have served me well, but are really too big for my current set-up, and will probably be consigned to recycling.

I also have a small collection of ex-server and similar power supplies, but most of these produce 24 - 28 or 48V. Nothing there is suitable for powering my now fairly aged HF box. However whether I'll even use the old Icom in anger is a moot point!

Mike: thanks for the tip on the HP PSU's. I've actually spent some of my money on a couple! One will probably be going into a screened box with extra filtering on the input (if necessary) and output.

73

Chris

G4DGU