From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of militaryoperator via groups.io
Sent: 17 February 2021 22:16
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Ecoflex 15?

I have plenty in my scrap bin after it went high loss from before I found out you should never bend it more than once....

.

Neil G4DBN

Ah, you have me worried now Neil. I use a telescopic push-up mast with either the 23, 13, 9 or 3Cm antenna on, occasionally more than one but the 10Ghz is 2Mtr down so any old bit of string is ok.

I have a couple of lengths, about 10ft, for the 23, 13 or 9 feeds so there is some flexing needed though of course, the cable hangs vertically (tied to the mast as I erect it) with just the one bend at the bottom to go into the sets.

Maybe the flexibility of the LMR400 is handy. The loss per 10ft )1500Mhz) would seem to be 0.51db for LMR400, 0.33db for LMR600 and 0.41db for eco15.

LMR600 might be a better choice.

Ben.

HESH Typographic Logo

HESH Computer Services

hesh.co.uk
01482 324936

8 Louis Pearlman Centre, Goulton Street, Hull, HU3 4DL

Registered in England No. 3003479. The information contained in this email may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, use of this information (including disclosure, copying or distribution) or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful; therefore please inform the sender and delete the message immediately. The views expressed in this email are those of the originator and not necessarily those held by HESH Computer Services Ltd, who do not accept liability for any action taken in reliance on the contents of this message or for the consequences of any computer viruses which may have been transmitted by this email.