Re: Ecoflex 15?

alwyn.seeds1

Dear All,

I have not yet measured a length of Ecoflex 15 that met its specified loss, even when new. I have measured very bad suck-outs at frequencies above 2GHz on some samples.

Ecoflex 10 when new, has generally been close to its specified loss.

A difference between cables of this sort (Ecoflex, M&P….) and the Times Microwave LMR Ultraflex series is the low braid coverage. As the foil cracks, radiation losses increase dramatically.

My measurements on Times Microwave LMR 400 Ultraflex show losses close to spec. even on samples that have been flexed for several years.

Note that I specify “Times Microwave LMR 400 Ultraflex”; there are many fakes, “LMR 400 type” etc etc which I would not vouch for.

Regards,

Alwyn G8DOH

Alwyn Seeds, Director
SynOptika Ltd.,