Re: 432MHz ATU?

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I would have to agree with others,  with a 3dB return loss (6:1 VSWR) the chances are the aerial is no longer  connected and you just have feeder left.   1.5dB up,  1.5dB on the way back down and there you are.

You may do better to erect a temporary aerial, even a small 9ele beam on a bit of pole might be a significant improvement.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 23:44, Gordon REASON via groups.io <gordonj.reason=virgin.net@groups.io> wrote:

Your club members are coming to do some work ...Thats ofk .

But do'nt gather for drinks and sarnies .

On 15 February 2021 at 23:03 "g4zod@... via groups.io" <g4zod=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have a long term problem with my 17 element MET Yagi. The VSWR is rather high at about 6-1 and I cannot risk blowing my new radio!

I have no way of taking down my pump up mast to adjust the matching on the antenna. The current restrictions mean I cannot get my fellow club members around to help me drop the mast.

As this means my activities on 432MHz have to be put on hold for possibly many more months I need to find an interim solution. In the mist and cobwebs of mind I recall an ATU for UHF frequencies. I did a quick search and nothing came up.

Can any group member confirm if an ATU for 432 MHz is practical and if so any reference to one?

Many thanks

Julian G4ZOD