Programming Nort SLO registers

Noel G8GTZ

Hi

I’m trying to use a Nort SLO module https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/Nort_SLO as the LO on 47GHz but having problems finding the correct register values to give low phase noise – the values on the wiki don’t seem to be optimum....

I’ve downloaded the AD Frac-N PLL calculator for the ADF4153 to generate values but the results I get compared to an Elcom and another Nort SLO programmed for 76GHz LO show the noise floor to be about 20 dB higher!

Has anyone programmed these devices, which were on sale at Friedrichshafen a couple of years ago, and can send me register values that you know work?

Thanks

Noel – G8GTZ