Re: SPI Software

Jim Mcilroy

Hi

It may be worth searching for some AD9850 code. That has an SPI interface which is usually implemented using a 'bit banging' technique which is a hardware SPI (I think) rather than dedicated SPI pins.

The AD9850 is set on frequency using a 32-bit word

I probably have some Arduino code like that somewhere.

Jim  G4EQX

On 14/02/2021 22:12, Andy G4JNT wrote:
I had one like that once.   I gave it a dedicated PIC interface that read it as fast as possible and just chuck put what was needed on serial stop-start line in my chosen format.

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 at 22:09, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
Oh, and the small compass modules .. I assume you mean the 9 axis compass/gyro things?  I've played extensively with those on a project  .. they are a bit "tricky", you have to keep a hell of a rate up reading them,  if you don't read them often enough, they just lock up ... I had one running on an Arduino being read by SPI, and it was 100% fine ... until I added a few functions reading a GPS chip .. and it got upset when the micro spent too long messing arounf with GPS messages and woudl just hang the compass chip. it wasn't interrupt driven either, just a loop.

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 at 22:05, Robin Szemeti <robin@...> wrote:
Plenty of Arduino stuff around, and you can program an Arduino with a simple USB cable ... that's the way I would go.

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 at 22:03, G8ZHA via groups.io <g8zha-1=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

AD also do a VHF/UHF version, somewhat cheaper.

I just want some software that will allow me to specify a number of bytes to be sent, then to allow me to load up the bytes and send them.