Re: Sockets for soldering into PCB, intended for clasping and releasing one wire only

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 10:06, DougF VK4OE <uwaves@...> wrote:
Greetings to all readers!

First of all, does anyone know the electronics industry name given to
small single-conductor 'sockets' which are usually soldered into a PCB,
designed to mechanically clasp a stiff wire (c. 0.7 mm dia.) and later
to release that wire as whatever that wire is connected to is pulled
away from the PCB?

I have seen such things in some boards taken from pieces of HP test
equipment where there is a small 'daughter' board fitted to the parent
board but still able to be removed from it.

Discovering the 'normal' name given to these is a first step towards
possibly acquiring some....and the obvious next question is whether
anyone knows a current source for this type of item....

Thanks in anticipation,

--Doug Friend, VK4OE.

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Join to automatically receive all group messages.