Re: ************* Brexit

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

As Andy said, this is NOT a Brexit thing.

We have done it 6 months earlier than the "rest" of the EU, but even if we had remained in the EU, would would be implementing these same changes in July.  We've just gone off 6 months earlier than everyone else, that's all.

Personally, as a UK manufacturer, having to compete with foreign imports that were 20% cheaper purely because of VAT avoidance was a pain and I welcome the change even if it will cause me a few personal difficulties.

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 at 11:02, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
Maybe Mini-kits can be persuaded to take the path of least resistance, make a pact with the devil and sell via eBay, who will deal with the VAT on his behalf under the global shipping program.  We end up paying even more of course, but it might be slightly less pain for small vendors.  Quite a few smallish sellers do seem to have registered for UK VAT, or at least are charging it now. Perhaps when the VAT rules change in EU, other small suppliers will get set up for that and do the admin for the UK one at the same time and charge a fee for doing it. Better the cash goes to them than to the “we are only a platform so we don’t make any money in your jurisdiction and don’t pay local taxes” marketplaces.
Neil G4DBN