Re: Anyone got any spare WG15 / WR112 waveguide

Andy G4JNT

I think I'd be more inclined to look at WG14 for that rather than WG15.

At 3.4GHz WG16 was at about the limit that could be used, screw penetration was nearly right across the guide - although it worked very well indeed, and I've made three repeatable units for that band.  http://g4jnt.com/EVANFILT.pdf

Looking at dimensions, linear scaling suggests WG14 wouldn't be too far off the mark

It would be nice to get a filter that covers 2300 - 2420 with a good transition band - especially on the LF side for image rejection.   SO may be worth looking at a 4th order design.
Evanescent filters are so easy to throw together, and drilling too many tapped holes while just playing around wont hurt the final result.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 at 21:35, g4cch_1 <g4cch_1@...> wrote:
I'm looking for a short length of WG15 WR112 to make an evanescent mode filter for 13cm

If anyone has some to spare, please email me off line.

Thanks and 73
Howard, G4CCH