Re: Eltek Flatpack2 PSU 3KW set to 48V or whatever you want.

Paul G8AQA

Hi Andy,
Heather M0HMO has worked on CAN bus fairly recently.. She used a very cheap interface. MCP2515 module board. £2.23 carriage free. Plenty available on Ebay. She will let you have her driver for the arduino written in C if you would like it.
73
Paul G8AQA

On 27/01/2021 15:26, Andy G4JNT wrote:
Does anyone here know the CAN bus?   I read the spec a good few years ago and know the basics but have never used it, or ever had to.   Seems to have an interesting priority approach based on wired-OR to collision detection.
Wondering if a PIC based gizmo could be used to send adjustable voltage setting commands to this PSU - or if it's inadvisable.

Suppose I could make an interface and try reading from my car's diagnostic socket :-)

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 at 13:08, Dave Cawley G4IUG <help@...> wrote:

I believe I have replied to everyone who asked, if not let me know.  The price is £72.00 set to your voltage and load/soak tested, plus £10.00 for second class signed for post.  England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland only.

73  Dave  G4IUG  Ex G8EAO