From: Andy G4JNT
Sent: 24 January 2021 22:30
To: UK Microwaves groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] ERA-02 as a multiplier

Ouch

Still using the 723 regulator?

That thing is so complicated to connect up compared with an LM317.  And, I believe, a lot noisier.

Isn't it so old that the reference inside it is an actual Zener?  If so, no wonder it's noisy.

I formally learnt about them in 1976 - remember it well.

Andy

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 22:26, Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

Greg,

The Gali-2 is good to 8GHz.......    I ‘rats nested’ one from 1278 – 2556MHz, think I set bias at about 2.2-2.5V with a 723 regulator. Yet to build on a proper PCB.

Regards

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10