Re: ERA-02 as a multiplier

Andy G4JNT

Ouch
Still using the 723 regulator?
That thing is so complicated to connect up compared with an LM317.  And, I believe, a lot noisier.
Isn't it so old that the reference inside it is an actual Zener?  If so, no wonder it's noisy.
I formally learnt about them in 1976 - remember it well.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 22:26, Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

Greg,

The Gali-2 is good to 8GHz.......    I ‘rats nested’ one from 1278 – 2556MHz, think I set bias at about 2.2-2.5V with a 723 regulator. Yet to build on a proper PCB.

Regards

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10