Re: Snow Scatter

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I do check the Mow Cop SDR from time to time, it has been remarkably barren of late ...

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 15:26, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on CAM John.
Spent some mins looking for it earlier - should have looked at BS first .
Did encourage me to put the mast up a bit and was pleased to find GB3MCB on 10GHz.Not heard for some time here and it turns out my Pine tree is not helping - tree surgeon needed .
73
John
G0API

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 14:36, John Lemay <john@...> wrote:
Neil

I believe 'CAM on 10GHz is off air. I spent some time listening for it on Friday, before finding the relevant info on Beaconspot.

John G4ZTR

-----Original Message-----
From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Neil Smith G4DBN
Sent: 24 January 2021 14:25
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Snow Scatter

All this 475 kHz is microwave compared with *proper* LF at 8270 Hz. Heh heh.

No sign of scatter on 10 GHz here at the moment, but there is a blanket
of drizzle to the south which is very absorbent. I can't even hear
GB3CAM, never mind KBQ/PKT/OSW.

I'm going back to the machine shop to bash some metal until the
troposphere bucks up its ideas.

https://www.avg.com