Re: Snow Scatter

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I chat with GM3YXM on 160m every morning (another LF regular),  normally he is a couple of dB above the noise, today a good S9 +20 ... another regular in Portsmouth gave hime a similar report, everyone was up at least 20dB, quite remarkable.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 12:51, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:
Hi Robin,
Blue Sky and Sunshine now - Topband (1.8MHz) is normal level here but on the real "Topbands " at 137kHz and 475kHz it was quite lively overnight .
Plenty of TA  WSPR-2 and FST4W modes .

WSPRSpot site says I decoded 20 spots on 137kHz ( poor by recent times, but it was crunchy at times from lightening out of Snow clouds etc ) and 1038 spots on 475kHz .

Several G stations have had 2 way QSOs with the States and JA on 475kHz

Quite a few uwavers are active on LF/MF .....

73
John
G0API

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 10:43, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
At the other end of the spectrum, top band is unbelievably good at the moment .. never heard anything like it.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 09:53, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:
A large band of snow cloud heading East from this QTH is producing SS from SEE and PKT .
73
John
G0API