From: Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@redpoint.org.uk>
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Contesting was Condx
Sent: Jan 22 '21 00:45

You say the bonus system skews the results in favour of central
stations ... so tell me again why GR3SEK

won the open section this month? The GD stations always do well etc .

Without the squares bonus, I would tend to point the antenna in the
direction of best unworked density. For me, that would mean mostly SE,
mopping up between E and S when I had worked most of it. The
squares/countries encourages me to try for the PA, E, GD and GM .. and
spend time pointing at Cornwall to see if I will be lucky.