Re: PicKit3 Annoyance on close down

Andy G4JNT

It's in the Microchip archives, but near impossible to find by delving down into them.   When I needed it, had to resort to Google which did a better job and found this

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 19:21, Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@...> wrote:
I'm interested to see that there is a standalone program for running PicKit 3. I had thought that a full installation of MPLAB was necessary. I was reluctant to install MPLAB again as I've had such bad experiences with it in the past. Currently I'm using programming hardware and software by the UK company Fored (Forest Electronic Developments) but I've had a lot of problems with their products as well, so am looking for an alternative. The latest problem is that the programmer refuses to recognise 18F25K22 and will not program them. Has anyone used PicKit3 (or 4) to program these?