Re: PCB delivery

Paul Randall G3NJV

Haha, probably not.  
Got a new aerial group to go up for 2,70 & 23, only modest,  for 24/7 all weather use so the pre-amps sound ideal, just need to source one for 23cm. Was looking around wondering what to get. 

You sound super productive,  all those projects.  Hopefully you'll get the boat in this year.  Our yard has locked us out again,  hopefully lifted by april?

I found a very economical German Class B  AIS on ebay - bit of a last minute change as I had only planned to fit a Rx. The now unwanted rx is being used as a propagation monitor feeding the sentences into a nmeatools nmea to Wi-Fi box. Opencpn base map is good enough to show me what vhf is doing on my phone. 

Same setep on the boat I can have as many "no wires" chartplotters aboard as I want, works really well and a super feature is that i can grab kap ? Charts taken from Google earth satellite images that overlay vector cmap charts - super accurate you can calibrate the commercial charts and super useful - real  images of anchorages, mooring buoys in harbours, marinas etc and by a great stroke of luck,  the images of the Helford river were taken at low tide so show the narrow tortuous deep channel thru the mud we have to negociate to get to/ from the boatyard every year. Clearance less that 0.3m in places so have to position the boat within a metre or so. Helps a lot but we invariably go aground anyway haha.   

Happy New year Robin
Paul

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 08/01/2021 13:28 (GMT+00:00)
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] PCB delivery

Certainly!  I'll build up a couple to check them .. they are more a "contest" HA8ET style LNA than a high gain EME style one. They feature a suitable "notch" on the input for 432 or 144, an output filter for 432 or 144 and a protection relay on the input to try and preserve the LNA when sitting on the end of a relay that may have QRO on the transmit port, a pot is provided on the output so you can set it for just enough gain ... they should fit the standard tinplate boxes.

Let me build them up and get back to you, I have cocked them up, you never know ;)

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 at 12:48, Paul Randall G3NJV <paulfrandall@...> wrote:
Hi Robin, any lna boards going spare?
Hope you are well
Paul

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 08/01/2021 12:25 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] PCB delivery

Nice delivery of pcbs today, the 9cm transverter is the one that I'm looking forward to building up.

There is another batch of CANFI noise heads, but my pick and place is in bits at the moment,  i 'll try and sort that, and mount the components, otherwise they'll have to go out as kits.

There are some 2m and 70cm LNA, some mmic boards for a friend and an AIS transceiver for my boat. Plenty of RF  projects to keep me busy.

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.