MMIC's

Colin Ranson

Hi all,

I have repurposed a DDK 2008 L band source from 96MHz to 106.5MHz with an output of 1278MHz.  The original was extended to include a PGA103+ to bump up the output to feed a high level mixer.

Thinks ?  could I use this MMIC as a doubler to 2256MHz ? I understand from texts that it has to be operated in a non-linear fashion)  At the moment its biased to 3.5v and I have removed a level determining attenuator so I am hitting the MMIC quite hard. I am detecting very little at 2556MHz at the moment. (not enough to drive my Qualcom x 4 multiplier to 10.224GHz)

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure to set the bias to please ? And is this likely to work well enough ? I have not tried this method before so hopefully with enough 2256MHz I will include a ‘stop-end’ filter and enough gain to give me 3dbm at the Qualcom Mult input. Getting the 10dbm output (after filtering) for the mixer(s) will be another matter.

Best regards to all, keep those soldering irons hot !

Regards, Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10