Re: Re elevation on a dish

Neil Smith G4DBN

I mount the boxes on rails fixed to the moving part of the dish mount, but you can always use a short bit of flexiguide if you are only moving the dish a few degrees and if the angles work out.

Neil G4DBN

On 07/01/2021 18:35, Dave via groups.io wrote:
I suppose that if I use waveguide feed from the dish as I had intended , then that certainly complicates matters as the box with the transverter/ PA etc has to move with the back of the dish.
Dave G4GLT.

On 7 Jan 2021, at 18:21, Dave via groups.io <davidnewman55=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

 Thank you very much Neil. The pictures look very comprehensive .
73
Dave G4GLT.

On 7 Jan 2021, at 17:53, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@g4dbn.uk> wrote:

If you are pushing against the edge of the dish, take care that the dish doesn't get distorted by the actuator when it is windy.

Here is a pic of Tony G8DMU's neat top-fed 1.2m offset, and some things I've fabricated. Elevation control has made a spectacular difference to my station performance on 10 GHz. Being able to elevate enough to take sun noise readings has been useful as well.