Re: Re elevation on a dish

Dave

I suppose that if I use waveguide feed from the dish as I had intended , then that certainly complicates matters as the box with the transverter/ PA etc has to move with the back of the dish.
Dave G4GLT.

On 7 Jan 2021, at 18:21, Dave via groups.io <davidnewman55@...> wrote:

Thank you very much Neil. The pictures look very comprehensive .
73
Dave G4GLT.

On 7 Jan 2021, at 17:53, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

If you are pushing against the edge of the dish, take care that the dish doesn't get distorted by the actuator when it is windy.

Here is a pic of Tony G8DMU's neat top-fed 1.2m offset, and some things I've fabricated.  Elevation control has made a spectacular difference to my station performance on 10 GHz. Being able to elevate enough to take sun noise readings has been useful as well.

Neil G4DBN

<decejedmnlegefln.png>

<flpohocpmkijaial.png>

<dbcnliibjoeloibn.png>

<chemhomoebldlkbl.png>

On 07/01/2021 17:02, Dave via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
I am adding elevation on a dish for tropo only (not EME) and wondered if anyone has a photo of the mechanics of it, preferably with some sort of hinge . I have an actuator which has a stroke length of 4 inches. I think the lower part of the dish will have to be pushed outwards.
73
Dave G4GLT.