Re: Re elevation on a dish

Neil Smith G4DBN

If you are pushing against the edge of the dish, take care that the dish doesn't get distorted by the actuator when it is windy.

Here is a pic of Tony G8DMU's neat top-fed 1.2m offset, and some things I've fabricated.  Elevation control has made a spectacular difference to my station performance on 10 GHz. Being able to elevate enough to take sun noise readings has been useful as well.

Neil G4DBN

On 07/01/2021 17:02, Dave via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
I am adding elevation on a dish for tropo only (not EME) and wondered if anyone has a photo of the mechanics of it, preferably with some sort of hinge . I have an actuator which has a stroke length of 4 inches. I think the lower part of the dish will have to be pushed outwards.
73
Dave G4GLT.