Re: VAT ... it looks like it's going to be difficult.

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

The old £15 lower limit has been removed ... everything is caught now it seems.

I can only applaud them for closing the eBay/Amazon/AliExpress loophole though ... just a pity everything else got caught inbetween.

I'll let you know how my German mailbox works out!

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 at 15:02, Noel G8GTZ <noel@...> wrote:
Yes - I just got caught by the revised ebay rules.  I've been watching a 47GHz mixer for a couple of months and meant to buy one before Christmas - the price has just jumped up by 20%.  Serves me right for

not just doing it doh :-(

The other impact fo me is that all BATC orders to the EU now require a CN22B customs label - that's the one which has an individual PO bar code and you must fill in your Name, address, description of article and value, so no pre-printing my own filled in labels which I had done with the old CN22 before Jan 1st.  The downside for BATC members is they will have to pay duty and admin fees if the value is above the local government  threshold, normally around 20 euros.

Ho hum....
73 Noel - G8GTZ