Re: QO100 JT9E-Fast

Andy G4JNT

It's about 13dBW EIRP.    300mW PA to an 18dBi (ish)  helical

JT9E-Fast is generated from an LMX2541 synth.  The controller is in free run, no GPS timing, although I did start it running more-or-less synchronous with a 15s boundary.   The Fast modes just repeat the frame throughput the Tx cycle, and  although the WSJT-X software uses  timing slots, it doesn't care over-much where a burst of signal occurs inside the slot.

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 at 16:06, Denis Stanton G0OLX <Stantondenis@...> wrote:
Andy
Receiving you via goonhilly web sdr -3-5db
160400 -3 5.9  840 @ G4JNT JT9FAST
Best 73’s
Denis
G0OLX

On 28 Dec 2020, at 15:49, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:

154815 -13 0.9 888 @ G4JNT JT9FAST

John

G0API

Sounds like an old wheel barrow needing oil.

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 at 13:06, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
Anyone at a loose end and wants to play around ...
QO100 WSJT-X, one of the  Fast modes

Freq - 10489.9824 MHz   at the top in the "play around with dig modes" section
Mode - JT9E-Fast   15s cycle

The frequency may drfit a bit - it's only a TCXO

Low power, on the threshold for my 0.7m dish, but can attenuate more for anyone who wants
I'll leave it running for a while