Re: Auction ripoffs

militaryoperator

Postage should always be charged VAT in the UK, it's the law.    There is no VAT on postage stamps through the Royal Mail, but even so, suppliers should always charge VAT on postage and packing.
> Why does postage get charged VAT?
Because it's the law.

Wow, fantastic that so many are keen on supporting the law.

Obviously, I am in the singularity of thinking if one pays someone for doing something, ie providing a delivery service, then giving the taxman something for nothing seems odd.

I must bear that in mind next time eBay charges me for posting someone else's bit of tat.

Have a nice Xmas.

Ben